Thomas D. Murphy, President of the Maryland State Bar Association, was honored with an esteemed “Daily Record Leadership in Law Award” on November 19 at the BWI Hilton Hotel. Every year, The Daily Record honors 24 outstanding Maryland attorneys and judges who epitomize the benchmark of success in Maryland’s legal community.
The Daily Record gives these awards to recognize successful members of Maryland’s legal community who have devoted time and energy to bettering the legal profession. These remarkable legal professionals have committed themselves to improving the communities in which they live and work and have played an important role in mentoring future professional and community leaders. To date, The Daily Record has honored 240 outstanding Maryland judges and lawyers with the esteemed Leadership in Law awards.
The 2010 awards were presented to Murphy and the other 23 outstanding legal professionals during The Daily Record ’s 10th annual “Leadership in Law Awards Luncheon”. The top Leadership in Law Award was presented to the Honorable Susan K. Gauvey, U.S. Magistrate Judge of the U. S. District Court for the District of Maryland.
- Gary R. Alexander, Alexander & Cleaver, PA
- Michael Joseph Baader, Venable LLP
- Charles A. Berardesco, Constellation Energy
- Robert R. Bowie, Jr., Bowie & Jensen, LLC
- Michael W. Davis, Davis, Agnor, Rapaport and Skalny, LLC
- Kathleen Dumais, Paley Rothman
- Jennifer Etheridge, Office of the State’s Attorney for Baltimore City
- Brian E. Frosh, Karp, Frosh, Lapidus, Wigodsky & Norwind, PA
- Hon. Susan Gauvey, United States District Court
- Daniel Goldstein, Brown, Goldstein & Levy LLP
- Arthur Horne, Shipley, Horne & Hewlett, PA
- Patricia McHugh Lambert, Hodes, Pessin & Katz, PA
- Andrea Leahy-Fucheck, Leahy & DeSmet, LLC
- Hon. Zakia Mahasa, Circuit Court for Baltimore City
- J. Bradford McCullough, Lerch, Early & Brewer, Chtd.
- A. Howard Metro, McMillan Metro, PC
- Michael Millemann, University of Maryland School of Law
- Thomas D. Murphy, The Law Offices of Murphy and Mood, PC
- April N. Richardson, Prince George’s County State’s Attorney’s Office
- Ronald Shapiro, Shapiro, Sher, Guinot & Sandler, PA
- Hon. Melanie Shaw Geter, Prince George’s County Circuit Court
- Donna Shearer, United States District Court
- Lawrence A. Shulman, Shulman, Rogers, Gandal, Pordy & Ecker, PA
- Darrell VanDeusen, Kollman & Saucier, PA