The Maryland State Bar Association (MSBA) has created a new CLE Department which will offer CLE programs and MSBA/MICPEL publications to all MSBA members as a member service. Andrea Terry (email@example.com) serves as MSBA's new CLE Program Attorney and Joanne Daniels (firstname.lastname@example.org) as MSBA's new MSBA/MICPEL Publications Manager. MSBA's CLE Department will work with the Association's 27 Sections to serve Maryland lawyers and deliver quality and cost-effective continuing legal education programs and publications.
Announcing the upcoming publication of
The 2010 Supplement to
Pleading Causes of Action in Maryland, 4th Ed.
by Paul Mark Sandler and James K. Archibald
The new 2010 Supplement brings the Fourth Edition up-to-the-minute with Sandler and Archibald's citation, discussion and analysis of new cases decided since the Fourth Edition was published in May 2008. This First Supplement to the Fourth Edition includes opinions issued from January 1, 2008, through December 31, 2009, (as well as some issued in the first quarter of 2010) by the Maryland Court of Appeals, the Maryland Court of Special Appeals and the United States District Court for the District of Maryland. Several additional causes of action and model complaints are included in the new Supplement. Pleading Causes of Action in Maryland has become THE starting point for drafting virtually all initial pleadings in Maryland. The Supplement WILL NOT automatically ship to you! Please contact email@example.com for information on ordering your copy.
Looking for MICPEL Publications?
MSBA is now offering MICPEL's intellectual property and remaining book inventory to all Maryland lawyers. Many of these great titles have become MSBA/MICPEL Publications and are now available through MSBA's new CLE Department. MSBA will continue to update most titles and make them available for purchase as a service to its members. A catalog of MSBA/MICPEL publications will soon be available on MSBA's website. Please contact Joanne Daniels (firstname.lastname@example.org) in MSBA's new CLE Department for details and assistance with MSBA/MICPEL publication purchases.
Join the MSBA Continuing Legal Education (CLE) Department and the many talented MSBA Sections at these high-quality live educational programs. Visit www.msba.org to see the detailed agendas or to register online for summer programs. Check the website regularly to see online offerings and new live programs as they are scheduled.
- JULY 16, 2010. Hot Topics in Elder Law, 9:00 a.m. to 1:15 p.m., Columbia, Maryland. The annual update for elder law lawyers on legislation, case law and regulations.
- AUGUST 18, 2010. Family Practice Update, 9:00 a.m. to 1:15 p.m., Columbia, Maryland. The popular annual program that keeps family law practitioners current. Your guides on this interesting and informative tour through the practice of family law are Paul Reinstein and Bryan Renehan, veteran faculty members and lawyers who have concentrated their practices in family law for many years.
- SEPTEMBER 17, 2010. Nuts and Bolts of Social Security Disability Benefits, 9:00 a.m. to 1:15 p.m., Columbia, Maryland. Understand SSD benefits and learn how to guide a client through the claims process.
- OCTOBER 27, 2010. Advanced Real Property Institute, 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., Linthicum, Maryland. The "must go to" seminar for experienced real estate attorneys in Maryland for more than 20 years.
- NOVEMBER 1-5, 2010. Advanced Tax Institute, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Woodlawn, Maryland. The newest information in personal, business, estate, state and local, and real estate taxation.
- NOVEMBER 17, 2010. Advanced Bankruptcy Institute, 8:30 a.m. to 1:15 p.m., Columbia, Maryland. Legislative and case law updates and a complex case study for the business bankruptcy lawyer.
- NOVEMBER 19, 2010. Asset Protection Planning, 9:00 a.m. to 1:15 p.m., Columbia, Maryland. Estate planners will learn to preserve clients' assets for beneficiaries and minimize death taxes.