The 2011 CLE program calendar is robust and continues to expand as you can see with a variety of live programs, video replays and online offerings. Go to our website at www.msba.org and click on the blue online CLE catalog button for details on each live upcoming course, webcast, downloadable program or video replay, and to register. If you missed any of our mostly sold out 2011 programs through March, they can now be purchased for viewing online, including “Recent Developments in Estate Administration with Allan Gibber”, “The New Maryland Power of Attorney Law and its Impact on Estate and Trust, Elder, Business, and Real Estate Practitioners”, “2011 Advanced Bankruptcy Institute”, “Handling the Drinking and Driving Case in Maryland” and “Representing Children in Juvenile Court”. Thank you again for your continued support and, of course, thank you to our fine volunteer faculty that make the exceptional CLE programs offered by this office possible.
Upcoming live CLE programs:
- June 29, 2011. Civil Pre-Trial Practice. 9:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., Columbia, MD.
- July 13, 2011. Hot Topics in Elder Law. Columbia, MD (and live webcast). Registration opening soon.
- August 12, 2011. Family Practice Update. Columbia, MD. Registration opening soon.
- October 4, 2011. Advanced Real Property Institute. Columbia, MD. Registration opening soon.
- November 4, 2011. Advanced Real Property Institute. Columbia, MD. Registration opening soon.
- November 7-11, 2011. Advanced Tax Institute. Woodlawn, MD. Registration opening soon.
To receive a free or discounted slot, volunteers and staff lawyers should register through the Pro Bono Resource Center of Maryland (PBRC) by calling 410-837-9379; 800-396-1274; emailing Kiah Elmore at email@example.com; or visiting www.probonomd.org/cletraining.html.
Upcoming video replays of past programs – register through online catalog at www.msba.org:
- Nuts and Bolts of Medicaid. June 21, 2011. Maryland Bar Center, Baltimore, MD. 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.; June 28, 2011. Montgomery County Law Library, Rockville, MD. 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Advanced Estate Planning Institute (“The Effect of the 2010 Tax Act on Estate Planning” and/or “Contesting & Defending Wills & Trusts”). July 7, 2011. Maryland Bar Center, Baltimore, MD. 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. for both segments (or 9:00 a.m. to noon for Tax Act, 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. for Contesting & Defending); July 12, 2011. Montgomery County Law Library, Rockville, MD. Same times as Baltimore showing; July 14, 2011. Salisbury Chamber of Commerce, Salisbury, MD. Same times as Baltimore showing.
- Hot Tips in Workers Compensation. June 21, 2011. Montgomery County Law Library, Rockville, MD. 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.; June 28, 2011. Maryland Bar Center, Baltimore, MD. 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Hot Tips in Workers Compensation. August 11, 2011. Maryland Bar Center, Baltimore, MD. 9:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.; August 16, 2011. Montgomery County Law Library, Rockville, MD. 9:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
The MSBA CLE Publications Department is pleased to announce the availability of the following new publications:
- 2011 Supplement to Appellate Practice for the Maryland Lawyer: State and Federal, 3rd Edition — This supplement, edited by Paul Mark Sandler and Andrew D. Levy, provides new rules and new analyses of cases that have been decided since the Third Edition was published in 2007. Continually, this book is a reference for attorneys handling appeals in Maryland’s appellate courts and in the United States Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals.
- 2011 Supplement to Gibber on Estate Administration, 5th Edition — This supplement by Allan J. Gibber, Esq., has been revised, expanded, annotated and updated for 2011. It is the first update since publication of the Fifth Edition in 2008.
The new supplements will not automatically ship to you. Please order your copy of each supplement or the supplement with main edition for each publication at the MSBA’s CLE Department’s online catalog at www.legalspan.com/msba/publications.asp?UGUID=.
We are also pleased to announce the upcoming June publication of the NEW Workers’ Compensation Manual, 15th Edition. You’ll find all of the relevant new case law, statutes and regulations including the latest developments in this new 15th edition. The NEW 15th Edition includes updated WCC notices compensation rates, annual adjustments, all of the new forms from the WCC, and much more.