Keep an eye on the MSBA website www.msba.org for upcoming 2012 live programs such as Hot Topics in Family Law, 8-hour Civil Mediation Training, 40 Hour Mediation Training, an all new series from Chuck Borek in April “Accounting and Finance Boot Camp for Lawyers”, the Business Law Section’s annual “Business Law Institute”, “Practical Approaches to Guardianship”, and, of course, Hot Topics in Elder Law.
Thank you again for your continued support and, of course, thank you to our fine volunteer faculty that makes the exceptional CLE programs offered by this office possible.
- February 29, 2012. 8-Hour Civil Mediation. Columbia, MD. 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Register now at msba.org.
- March 2, 2012. Hot Tips in Family Law. Annapolis, MD. 8:45 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Registration opening soon.
- March 13, 2012. Advanced Bankruptcy Institute. Columbia, MD. 9:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Registration opening soon.
- March 19-23, 2012. 40-Hour Basic Mediation Training. Baltimore, MD. Registration opening soon.
- March 30, 2012. Practicing Animal Law: Third Annual MSBA Animal Law Symposium. Baltimore, MD. 8:20 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Registration opening soon.
- April 4, 2012. Accounting Principles for Lawyers. Registration opening soon.
- April 10, 2012. Rights and Responsibilities of Being a Trustee. Columbia, MD. 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- April 11, 2012. Analyzing Financial Reports of Public Companies: What Every Lawyer Should Know. Registration opening soon.
- April 18, 2012. 2012 Business Law Institute. Columbia, MD. 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- April 18, 2012. A Lawyer’s Guide to Financial Instruments. Registration opening soon.
- May 9, 2012. Hot Tips in Workers’ Compensation. Columbia, MD. 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Registration opening soon.
- May 16, 2012. Ethics & Professionalism: Proper Escrow Account Management. Columbia, MD. 9:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Registration opening soon.
- May 18, 2012. Practical Approaches to Guardianships. 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Columbia, MD. Registration opening soon.
What a great start for the MSBA’s newest section! The “best of the best” Maryland construction law practitioners have penned the individual chapters included in the Maryland Construction Law Deskbook (Joseph C. Kovars and Michael A. Schollaert, editors).
The text is intended to be a quick and practical reference tool, one that is meant to be kept nearby on the lawyer’s desk (or computer), not bookcase. It hopefully will be used both by those who toil in the fields of Maryland Construction Law on a regular basis as well as those who find themselves faced with a construction issue on an occasional basis.
The individual chapters from this single resource cover most of the key areas in construction law, from contract formation, to performance disputes, to remedy granting clauses, to construction damages, and finally, to the dispute resolution process. Subjects of particular application include design professionals, contracting by state and local governments, construction safety issues, bonding, mechanic’s liens, and statutory remedies. New and developing fields of construction law are also addressed, such as “green” construction and non-traditional project delivery systems including design-build contracting and construction management, are explained.
Maryland Construction Law Deskbook will prove to be an indispensable addition to your law library. Order your copy today from the MSBA’s CLE Department online catalog at www.legalspan.com/msba/publications.asp?UGUID=.