Keep an eye on the MSBA website www.msbacle.org for all upcoming live programs. If you cannot attend the live program, many are being webcast concurrent with the live program, and you can find these programs available online, on-demand approximately four weeks after the live program, in addition to video replays available in Montgomery County and Baltimore City. All video replays and online programming carry CLE credit just like the live programs. See below for details.
Thank you again for your continued support and, of course, thank you to our fine volunteer faculty that make the exceptional CLE programs offered by this office possible.
- January 16, 2014. Veterans Affairs CLE. Columbia, MD. Registration opening soon
- January 23 and 30, 2014. Preparation and Trial of a Personal Injury Case. Columbia, MD. 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Registration opening soon.
- February 7, 2014. Hot Tips in Family Law. Annapolis, MD. 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Registration opening soon.
- March 12, 2014. 2014 Advanced Bankruptcy Institute. Columbia, MD. 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Registration opening soon.
- December 17, 2013. 2013 Criminal Law Update. Rockville, MD.
- December 18, 2013. Fundamentals of Retirement/Pension Orders. Rockville, MD.
- December 19, 2013. 2013 Criminal Law Update. Baltimore, MD.
- January 7, 2014. Recent Developments in Estate Administration. Baltimore, MD.
- January 9, 2014. Recent Developments in Estate Administration. Rockville, MD.
- January 16, 2014. The Impact of the Affordable Care Act (ACA) on Elder Law Practice. Baltimore, MD.
- January 21, 2014. The Impact of the Affordable Care Act (ACA) on Elder Law Practice. Rockville, MD.
- The Changing Landscape of Creditor Rights
- Effective Mediation of Commercial Insurance and Other Multi-Issue Disputes
- Maryland Construction Law Institute 2013: Building the Foundation
- New Maryland Lawyer 7.0
- Employment Law Basics
- Hot Tips in Workers’ Compensation
- 2013 Nuts and Bolts of Medicaid
- The Divorce Trial – Inside and Out
- 2013 Advanced Estate Planning Institute
- Asset Protection: Planning for the At-Risk Client from the Estate Planner’s Perspective
- 2013 Hot Topics in Elder Law
- Ethics and Risk Considerations for Maryland Attorneys
- 2013 Family Practice Update
- Intellectual Property for the Maryland Business and Litigation Lawyer
- Dealing with Digital Assets and Planning for Maryland Clients with Moderately Sized ($2MM-$10MM) Estates in 2013
- Fundamentals of Retirement/Pension Orders
- 2013 Criminal Law Update
- Recent Developments in Estate Administration
Visit msba.inreachce.com to register for events and to purchase the on-demand seminars.
For more than three decades, Maryland Taxes has served as a definitive source of guidance on the Maryland tax system. The purpose of this publication is to explain the various taxes most often encountered by individuals and businesses. This authoritative text guides the reader through the maze of Maryland taxes, by providing both a general explanation and an in-depth analysis of each of those taxes. Written not just for tax attorneys, the book is easily accessible and can be used by lawyers who are not tax attorneys, accountants, businesspeople, and anyone else with a need to understand Maryland’s tax law.
This unique and comprehensive treatise covers 18 Maryland taxes, and also addresses overall issues of administration and procedure. Authors were carefully selected on the basis of their expertise and reputation as tax practitioners, whether in private practice or government service. Individual chapters discuss a particular Maryland tax as comprehensively as possible, with thorough references to statutes, regulations, cases and rulings. Each chapter describes the events causing imposition of the tax, events that are exempt from taxation, the payment and collection of the tax, and the appeals procedure. Beyond the main text, chapters include appendices with samples of various forms regularly used in the administration of the tax, as well as other supplementary materials otherwise not readily available to the reader.
Maryland Taxes has expanded over the years in response to Maryland’s ever-evolving tax law. The book was previously available in its Fourth Edition as a three-volume print publication, last updated in 2008. The new Fifth Edition of Maryland Taxes represents a substantial overhaul which reflects recent changes in legislation, case law, and administrative forms and procedures. For the first time, Maryland Taxes is available in electronic format, ready for you to download immediately. The user-friendly Adobe Portable Document Format (PDF) uses searchable text, bookmarks for instant browsing, and even hyperlinks to useful online resources. Most chapters have been updated between 2011 and 2013. Please note that given the time it has taken to transition to electronic format, chapters do not necessarily reflect all current developments through the date of publication. The new electronic format will facilitate timelier updating going forward. Some chapters discuss:
- Alcohol and Tobacco Taxes
- Death Taxes
- Taxation of Insurance Companies
- Taxes on Natural Resources
- Real Property Tax
- Maryland Tax Law Case
To order a copy of the publication, please visit the MSBA’s CLE online catalog at www.msbacle.org.