Keep an eye on the MSBA website www.msba.org for all upcoming live programs. If you cannot attend the live program, many are being webcast concurrent with the live program, and you can find these programs available online, on-demand approximately four weeks after the live program, in addition to video replays available in Montgomery County and Baltimore City. All video replays and online programming carry CLE credit just like the live programs. See below for details.
Thank you again for your continued support and, of course, thank you to our fine volunteer faculty that make the exceptional CLE programs offered by this office possible.
- August 16, 2013. Ethics CLE Program. Columbia, MD. 9:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. Registration opening soon.*
- August 23, 2013. 2013 Family Practice. Columbia, MD. Registration opening soon.*
[To receive a free or discounted slot for the programs marked (*), volunteers and staff lawyers should register through the Pro Bono Resource Center of Maryland by calling 410-837-9379; 800-396-1274; emailing Kiah Elmore at; or visiting www.probonomd.org/cletraining.html.]
- August 1, 2013. Asset Protection: Planning for the At-Risk Client from the Estate Planner’s Perspective. Rockville, MD.
- August 6, 2013. Asset Protection: Planning for the At-Risk Client from the Estate Planner’s Perspective. Baltimore, MD.
- August 15, 2013. Hot Topics in Elder Law. Rockville, MD.
- August 20, 2013. Hot Topics in Elder Law. Baltimore, MD.
- August 23, 2013. 2013 Family Practice Update.
- The Changing Landscape of Creditor Rights
- Effective Mediation of Commercial Insurance and Other Multi-Issue Disputes
- Maryland Construction Law Institute 2013: Building the Foundation
- New Maryland Lawyer 7.0
- Employment Law Basics
- Hot Tips in Workers’ Compensation
- Nuts and Bolts of Medicaid
- The Divorce Trial – Inside and Out
- 2013 Advanced Estate Planning Institute
- Asset Protection: Planning for the At-Risk Client from the Estate Planner’s Perspective
Visit msba.inreachce.com to register for events and to purchase the on-demand seminars.
Patent, Copyright, Trade Secret, Right of Publicity, Trademark Handbook for Maryland Business and Litigation Lawyers – MSBA’s newest publication – is now shipping.
James B. Astrachan serves as the book’s editor, while the contributing authors are Eric B. Easton, Peter H. Gunst, Brian Wm. Higgins, Ned T. Himmelrich, Dempsey Nash, Hon. Julie R. Rubin, and Lawrence M. Sung.
The Handbook is divided into five chapters:
- Trade Secret Law: Maryland
- Right of Privacy (Publicity) Law: Maryland
The following is an excerpt from the “Introduction”:
“This Handbook was conceived to serve the needs of business lawyers and litigators; lawyers who sometimes counsel businesses or try cases involving patent, copyright, trade secret, right of publicity, and trademark law. Its purpose was intended to provide a practical, and handy, resource that would explain much of what those lawyers should know about intellectual property. It is not intended to teach business law or litigation; just those aspects of intellectual property that will be useful knowledge or a helpful starting point for research.”
Order your copy today from CLE’s online catalog at msba.inreachce.com.