Keep an eye on the MSBA website www.msbacle.org for all upcoming live programs. If you cannot attend the live program, many are being webcast concurrent with the live program, and you can find these programs available online, on-demand approximately four weeks after the live program, in addition to video replays available in Montgomery County and Baltimore City. All video replays and online programming carry CLE credit just like the live programs. See below for details.
Thank you again for your continued support and, of course, thank you to our fine volunteer faculty that make the exceptional CLE programs offered by this office possible.
- November 18-21, 2013. 2013 Advanced Tax Institute. Baltimore, MD. 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Registration is open.
- December 5-6, 2013. Deposition Practice and Procedure. Baltimore, MD. 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Registration is open.
- December 10, 2013. Will Drafting. Baltimore, MD. 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Registration is open.
- December 12, 2013. The Impact of the Affordable Care Act (ACA) on Elder Law Practice. Columbia, MD. 8:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. Registration is open.
- December 17, 2013. Will Drafting. Rockville, MD. 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Registration is open.
- January 16, 2014. Veterans Affairs CLE. Columbia, MD. Registration opening soon.
- January 23 and 30, 2014. Intellectual Property CLE. Columbia, MD. 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Registration opening soon.
- March 12, 2014. 2014 Advanced Bankruptcy Institute. Columbia, MD. 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Registration opening soon.
- December 3, 2013. Dealing with Digital Assets and Planning for Maryland Clients with Moderately Sized Estates in 2013. Baltimore, MD.
- December 11, 2013. Fundamentals of Retirement/Pension Orders. Baltimore, MD.
- December 17, 2013. 2013 Criminal Law Update. Rockville, MD.
- December 18, 2013. Fundamentals of Retirement/Pension Orders. Rockville, MD.
- December 19, 2013. 2013 Criminal Law Update. Baltimore, MD.
- January 7, 2014. Recent Developments in Estate Administration. Baltimore, MD.
- January 9, 2014. Recent Developments in Estate Administration. Rockville, MD.
- January 16, 2014. The Impact of the Affordable Care Act (ACA) on Elder Law Practice. Baltimore, MD.
- January 21, 2014. The Impact of the Affordable Care Act (ACA) on Elder Law Practice. Rockville, MD.
- December 12, 2013. The Impact of the Affordable Care Act (ACA) on Elder Law Practice. 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- The Changing Landscape of Creditor Rights
- Effective Mediation of Commercial Insurance and Other Multi-Issue Disputes
- Maryland Construction Law Institute 2013: Building the Foundation
- New Maryland Lawyer 7.0
- Employment Law Basics
- Hot Tips in Workers’ Compensation
- 2013 Nuts and Bolts of Medicaid
- The Divorce Trial – Inside and Out
- 2013 Advanced Estate Planning Institute
- Asset Protection: Planning for the At-Risk Client from the Estate Planner’s Perspective
- 2013 Hot Topics in Elder Law
- Ethics and Risk Considerations for Maryland Attorneys
- 2013 Family Practice Update
- Intellectual Property for the Maryland Business and Litigation Lawyer
- Dealing with Digital Assets and Planning for Maryland Clients with Moderately Sized ($2MM-$10MM) Estates in 2013
Visit msba.inreachce.com to register for events and to purchase the on-demand seminars.
For the past three decades, Allan J. Gibber’s Gibber on Estate Administration has been the Bible for lawyers with problems involving estates of decedents. It is an authoritative treatise, a comprehensive checklist, a helpful form book, and a source of useful suggestions, all written with an eye to the needs of the busy lawyer. Gibber on Estate Administration serves as a practical guide and learning tool, addressing non-legal as well as legal considerations. The Fifth Edition is the most sought-after and definitive book on Maryland estate administration.
Allan J. Gibber is one of Maryland’s leading estate practitioners, consultant, author and lecturer. He has once again devoted his time and expertise to bring you the most recent developments in estate administration. The new 2013 Cumulative Supplement to Gibber on Estate Administration marks the second update of the 2008 Fifth Edition. This 2013 Supplement is a cumulative update, which builds upon and replaces the 2011 Supplement. This new supplement expands the treatise with thorough references to new case law and statutory amendments through October 2013.
The revised text reflects new rates and statutory amounts for 2013, and it includes new samples for all official forms throughout the volume, replacing over 50 outdated forms. New material clarifies current law on issues including: the expanded definition of allowable funeral expenses, jurisdictional requirements for small estates, expansion of modified administration, recognition of same-sex marriages and domestic partnerships, proceeds from foreign property, after-discovered assets, qualified agricultural property, distribution of multiple-party accounts, posthumous conception, children born after divorce, disqualified persons under the slayer’s rule, handling of confidential personal identifier information, and estates of practicing attorneys. Gibber’s Gibber on Estate Administration, Fifth Edition with 2013 Cumulative Supplement is an indispensable resource for the Maryland lawyer.
The book includes:
- Preliminary Matters
- Administration of Estates – Generally
- Appraisal of Asset/Filing of Inventory
- Inheritance Tax on Non-Probate Assets
- Administration Expenses and Claims
- Representative`s Commissions and Counsel Fees
- Maryland Estate Tax
- Special Administrator and Foreign Personal Representative
- Small Estate
- Modified Administration
- Sample Forms
- Table of Authorities
- Table of Cases
To order a copy of the publication, please visit the MSBA’s CLE online catalog at www.msbacle.org.