Keep an eye on the MSBA website www.msbacle.org for all upcoming live programs. If you cannot attend the live program, many are being webcast concurrent with the live program, and you can find these programs available online, on-demand approximately four weeks after the live program, in addition to video replays available in Montgomery County and Baltimore City. All video replays and online programming carry CLE credit just like the live programs. See below for details.
Thank you again for your continued support and, of course, thank you to our fine volunteer faculty that make the exceptional CLE programs offered by this office possible.
- October 28 to November 1, 2013. 40 Hour Basic Mediation Training. Ellicott City, MD. 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Registration is open.
- November 11, 2013. 2013 Criminal Law Update. Columbia, MD. 9:00 a.m. – 1:15 p.m. Registration is open.*
- November 14, 2013. Recent Developments in Estate Administration. Columbia, MD. 9:00 a.m. – 1:15 p.m. Registration opening soon.
- November 18-21, 2013. 2013 Advanced Tax Institute. Baltimore, MD. 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Registration opening soon.
- December 5-6, 2013. Deposition Practice and Procedure. Baltimore, MD. 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Registration opening soon.
- December 10 and 17, 2013. Will Drafting. Baltimore, MD. 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Registration opening soon.
[To receive a free or discounted slot for the programs marked (*), volunteers and staff lawyers should register through the Pro Bono Resource Center of Maryland by calling 410-837-9379; 800-396-1274; emailing Kiah Elmore at; or visiting www.probonomd.org/cletraining.html.]
- November 28, 2013. Dealing with Digital Assets and Planning for Maryland Clients with Moderately Sized Estates in 2013. Rockville, MD.
- December 3, 2013. Dealing with Digital Assets and Planning for Maryland Clients with Moderately Sized Estates in 2013. Baltimore, MD.
- December 12, 2013. Fundamentals of Retirement/Pension Orders. Baltimore, MD.
- December 18, 2013. Fundamentals of Retirement/Pension Orders. Rockville, MD.
- December 17, 2013. 2013 Criminal Law Update. Rockville, MD.
- December 19, 2013. 2013 Criminal Law Update. Baltimore, MD.
- November 5, 2013. Fundamentals of Retirement/Pension Orders.
- November 11, 2013. 2013 Criminal Law Update.
- November 14, 2013. Recent Developments in Estate Administration.
- The Changing Landscape of Creditor Rights
- Effective Mediation of Commercial Insurance and Other Multi-Issue Disputes
- Maryland Construction Law Institute 2013: Building the Foundation
- New Maryland Lawyer 7.0
- Employment Law Basics
- Hot Tips in Workers’ Compensation
- Nuts and Bolts of Medicaid
- The Divorce Trial – Inside and Out
- 2013 Advanced Estate Planning Institute
- Asset Protection: Planning for the At-Risk Client from the Estate Planner’s Perspective
- 2013 Hot Topics in Elder Law
- Ethics and Risk Considerations for Maryland Attorneys
- 2013 Family Practice Update
Visit msba.inreachce.com to register for events and to purchase the on-demand seminars.
- 2013 Supplement to Maryland Civil Pattern Jury Instructions – Published July 2013. Highlights of the 2013 Supplement include the following: the Committee extensively revised the first chapter’s general instructions to address the challenges of managing jurors today. Other new additions from this chapter relate to evidence, stipulations, depositions, and judicial notice. All instructions on Products Liability in Chapter 26 have been rewritten for better clarity and accuracy. Chapter 30 on Workers’ Compensation has been expanded from 10 instructions to 33, which now explain in further detail the nature of different injuries, employment relationships, disability classifications, and available remedies. Other new additions include Instructions for affirmative defenses in strict liability tort actions and for conditional privilege in defamation actions. To order, visit the MSBA’s online catalog at www.msba.inreachce.com.
- Workers’ Compensation Manual, 16th Edition – Published September 2013. The new Sixteenth Edition brings this Manual up to date with all of the most relevant developments in workers’ compensation law through September 2013. The authors have expanded and updated each chapter with new substantive information, practice tips, case references, statutes, regulations, forms, and rate tables. This new material clarifies current law on issues such as: employee coverage, compensability, limitations periods, classification of disabilities, calculation of awards, vocational rehabilitation, reopening claims, acceleration of payments, settlements, and attorney’s fees. In addition, you will find current information about finding and using online and offline resources that are most beneficial to the Maryland workers’ compensation professional. To order, visit the MSBA’s online catalog at www.msba.inreachce.com.
Upcoming new Releases
- 2013 Supplement to Maryland Criminal Pattern Jury Instructions – Available November 2013
- 2013 Supplement to Gibber on Estate Administration, 5th Edition – Available November 2013
- Appellate Practice for the Maryland Lawyer: State & Federal, 4th Edition – Available November 2013
- Maryland Taxes, 5th Edition – Available October 2013 as an electronic publication
To register for the seminar or to order a copy of the publication, please visit the MSBA’s CLE online catalog at www.msbacle.org.