Keep an eye on the MSBA website www.msbacle.org for all upcoming live programs. If you cannot attend the live program, many are being webcast concurrent with the live program, and you can find these programs available online, on-demand approximately four weeks after the live program, in addition to video replays available in Montgomery County and Baltimore City. All video replays and online programming carry CLE credit just like the live programs. See below for details.
Thank you again for your continued support and, of course, thank you to our fine volunteer faculty that make the exceptional CLE programs offered by this office possible.
- September 24, October 1, 8, 15, 22, 29, 2013. 2013 Workers’ Compensation Evening Series. Columbia, MD. 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. Registration is open.
- September 30, 2013. Intellectual Property Law for the Maryland Business and Litigation Lawyer. Baltimore, MD. 9:00 a.m. – 4:45 p.m. Registration is open.
- October 2, 2013. 2013 Advanced Real Property Institute. Columbia, MD. 9:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. Registration opening soon.
- October 9, 2013. Hot Topics in Estate and Trust Law. 9:00 a.m. – 1:15 p.m. Registration opening soon.*
- October 14, 2013. Direct and Cross Examination of an Expert Witness. Columbia, MD. 9:00 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. Registration opening soon.
- October 28 to November 1, 2013. 40 Hour Basic Mediation Training. Ellicott City, MD. 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Registration is open.
- November 11, 2013. 2013 Criminal Law Update. Columbia, MD. 9:00 a.m. – 1:15 p.m. Registration is open.*
- November 14, 2013. Recent Developments in Estate Administration. Columbia, MD. 9:00 a.m. – 1:15 p.m. Registration opening soon.
- November 18-21, 2013. 2013 Advanced Tax Institute. Baltimore, MD. 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Registration opening soon.
- December 5-6, 2013. Deposition Practice and Procedure. Baltimore, MD. 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Registration opening soon.
- December 10, 2013. Will Drafting. Baltimore, MD. 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Registration opening soon.
[To receive a free or discounted slot for the programs marked (*), volunteers and staff lawyers should register through the Pro Bono Resource Center of Maryland by calling 410-837-9379; 800-396-1274; emailing Kiah Elmore at; or visiting www.probonomd.org/cletraining.html.]
- September 24, 2013. Ethics and Risk Considerations for Maryland Attorneys. Rockville, MD.
- September 26, 2013. Ethics and Risk Considerations for Maryland Attorneys. Baltimore, MD.
- October 1, 2013. 2013 Family Practice Update. Rockville, MD.
- October 3, 2013. 2013 Family Practice Update. Baltimore, MD.
- October 9, 2013. Hot Topics in Estate and Trust Law.
- November 11, 2013. 2013 Criminal Law Update.
- November 14, 2013. Recent Developments in Estate Administration.
- The Changing Landscape of Creditor Rights
- Effective Mediation of Commercial Insurance and Other Multi-Issue Disputes
- Maryland Construction Law Institute 2013: Building the Foundation
- New Maryland Lawyer 7.0
- Employment Law Basics
- Hot Tips in Workers’ Compensation
- Nuts and Bolts of Medicaid
- The Divorce Trial – Inside and Out
- 2013 Advanced Estate Planning Institute
- Asset Protection: Planning for the At-Risk Client from the Estate Planner’s Perspective
- 2013 Hot Topics in Elder Law n Ethics and Risk Considerations for Maryland Attorneys
Visit msba.inreachce.com to register for events and to purchase the on-demand seminars.
The MSBA Intellectual Property Section and the CLE Department invites you to attend “Intellectual Property Law for the Maryland Business and Litigation Lawyer.” The seminar will be held at the University of Baltimore Thumel Business Center on September 30, 2013 from 8:30 a.m. to 4:45 p.m. The seminar faculty are the authors of the MSBA’s new intellectual property law publication, Patent, Copyright, Trade Secret, Right of Publicity, Trademark Handbook for Maryland Business and Litigation Lawyers. Get the book for 50 percent off its regular price of $139.00 when you purchase the “Program & Book” option. Written materials are required to get CLE credit for this program and six hours of CLE credit are approved by the surrounding MCLE states. The course and the handbook address IP issues such as patents, copyright, trade secret law, right of privacy, and trademarks.
James B. Astrachan serves as the book’s editor, while the contributing authors are Eric B. Easton, Peter H. Gunst, Brian Wm. Higgins, Ned T. Himmelrich, Dempsey Nash, Hon. Julie R. Rubin, and Lawrence M. Sung.
To register for the seminar or to order a copy of the publication, please visit the MSBA’s CLE online catalog at www.msbacle.org.