Publications : A
Century of Striving for Justice
Publication Available For Interested History Buffs
A special pictorial history of the Maryland State Bar Association is available
in a special hardcover book, A Century of Striving for Justice. This
book was initially published in celebration of the Association’s Centennial
in 1996. The hardcover book, researched and authored by the Honorable James
F. Schneider, is a uniquely detailed, richly illustrated portrait of the people,
institutions, and traditions that make up the practice of law in Maryland.
In this book you will find:
- Over 400 photos, many in color - depicting Maryland legal landmarks, Bar
leaders of yesterday and today, Maryland Courthouses, and the MSBA of today
- An in-depth look at the founding of the MSBA
- Bios of all 208 charter members and 102 presidents
- An MSBA timeline
- Stories about famous Maryland lawyers and cases
- Maryland County milestones
- Minority, Gender and other Specialty Bar Association milestones
This book would make a wonderful gift for the history buff in your family
or a newly admitted attorney or for the firm's library. Limited copies of this
book are available. Each book is $24.95 (plus $3.00 shipping and handling).
A special leather cover is also available for $35.45 (plus $3.00 shipping
and handling). To order, please contact the MSBA at (410) 685-7878
or (800) 492-1964.