Information and registration on line @ www.msbasoloconference.org
1. Is this conference just for solo and small firm practitioners?
No. On Friday, the session with Brett Burney and his presentation iLitigate with the iPad is for any lawyer in any practice setting.
On Saturday, there are many sessions that would be helpful to lawyers in any size practice.
2. Can non-MSBA members attend the Conference?
Yes but there is a higher cost for non-MSBA members.
3. Is there special pricing for Law Students?
Yes and this includes law graduates who are waiting for results.
Two important items – there is no onsite registration for law students.
Law Students MUST pre-register by printing the registration form and either:
mailing the form with check or credit card
faxing form with credit card
contacting MSBA to register over the phone
1. Will the Friday sessions be videotaped or audio-taped?
2. Will the Friday materials be online?
No, the materials for the Friday sessions will be available the day of the event.
3. Do we have to choose between one of the two tracks on Friday?
Yes. There are only two tracks on Friday and you will need to choose one or the other.
4. Will any of the information from Friday be covered on Saturday?
No. They are different programs on Friday and Saturday.
5. Will there be vendors at the event on Friday?
The only vendor at the Friday program will be Minnesota Mutual Liability Insurance. On Saturday, there will be 23 other vendors specific to solo and small firm practitioners. You can find the updated list for Saturday at www.msbasoloconference.org
6. What is the dress code for Friday?
It will be casual unless you need to be dressed for business since it is a work day.
7. Will I receive the two day discount if I do not register for it in advance?
If you attend on Friday and decide that you want to attend on Saturday, you can still register on Friday before you leave and receive the discount if there are spaces available for Saturday. If you come on Saturday, you will be required to pay the one day fee.
1. If I am a new solo practitioner, will the Saturday Conference be helpful for me?
Absolutely. Although the Saturday program does not teach you how to start a solo practice like the Friday Program, there are many topics both for legal and technology/practice management topics that are important for members regardless of practice setting or experience.
2. Will the Saturday sessions be videotaped?
Some of the legal specific sessions will be videotaped on Saturday.
3. Will I be able to see the videotaped sessions even if I cannot attend all day?
ALL paid attendees will have access to the online videos following the conference.
4. How will I get information about the online videos?
We will send an email to all PAID attendees with a password to access the videos.
5. How long will the videos be available?
They will be available for 6 months.
6. Will there be printed materials?
No. All materials will be available online. We will give you a password for the online materials when you receive your confirmation. In addition, a CD Rom with the materials will be distributed at registration. Below is a video on how to load your materials to your iPad.
7. If I pay but am unable to attend, will I receive a CD Rom?
Yes, it will be sent immediately following the conference.
8. How many sessions are there during the day on Saturday?
There are 20 breakout sessions all day. There will be 4 each hour running concurrently.
9. Do I have to choose in advance which sessions to attend?
No. You may choose any session you wish to attend the day of the conference.
10. Will there be vendors at the Conference on Saturday?
Yes, there will be 23 vendors at the conference. All list of all vendors is available on line. www.msbasoloconference.org
11. May I register at the door?
Yes, but if possible, please try to register in advance to make certain we have a good count. Also, we have sold out in past years and we have had to turn people away at the door.
12. What is the dress code?
Casual however you define it.
13. What are transition tables at lunch?
Certain tables will be designated with a practice area, such as Elder Law. At each table will be one or two practitioners with experience in that area. If you want more information about that practice area, you are welcome to sit at that table to ask questions or have discussions.
14. Will any sessions receive CLE credits for other states?
Yes. All of the sessions in the LEGAL UPDATES and TRYING YOUR CASE track and many others will receive CLE Credit. There will be a MSBA CLE representative at the conference to sign attendance forms. NOTE: You must have your attendance form signed BEFORE you leave the conference.
NOTE: THE CONFERENCE IS BEING HELD AT THE BWI HILTON AND NOT THE BWI MARRIOTT. The Hilton is located right behind the BWI Marriott. No refunds if you go to the wrong hotel.
1. Can we get a list of attendees before the conference?
We provide a list of all Saturday attendees with their names and addresses only in an Excel spreadsheet one week after the conference. We do not provide the list before the conference.
2. How many attendees do you expect?
We have a limit of 200 attendees on Saturday and we usually have very close to that number and have sold out many years. But there are no promises.
3. Can we participate in the Friday Program?
No. The Friday program is only two tracks which are from 8:00 AM - 1:00 PM. Each track only has room for 70 attendees. Most of the attendees also attend the Saturday program.
4. What are the hours for vendors on Saturday?
We are asking that all vendors be completely set up by 8:00 AM Saturday. Registration begins at 8:00 AM. You may begin setting up as early as 6:00 AM. I will be there at 6:00 AM. It is not possible to set up the night before due to security reasons as all vendors will be located in the foyer.
We are asking all vendors to remain until 3:00 PM when the last breakout session begins. We have received complaints in the past about vendors who have left early. This is not the way you want attendees to remember you. You may start to break down as soon as the last session begins at 3:00 PM. Please remain until 3:00 PM or we leave disparaging comments about you at your empty table and on Facebook and Twitter.