Members of the Section of Estate and Trust Law of the
Maryland State Bar Association are generally persons involved in estate planning
and probate administration. The Section currently has nearly 900 members.
Section Membership Benefits:
1. Opportunity to serve on various committees in developing
legislation related to estate and trust.
2. Opportunity to participate in developing and teaching
in estate and trust MICPEL educational programs.
3. Receive discounts on attending MICPEL programs in which
the Section has participated.
4. Receive the Section of Estate and Trust Law Newsletter
which is published several times each year. The Newsletter provides current
information of interest to practitioners about probate administration, proposed
and enacted legislation and relevant court cases. Also the Section Newsletter
from time to time provides practice tips and practical information for estate
and trust attorneys.
How to Become a Member of the Section
1. You must be a member of the Maryland State Bar Association
to become a member of the Section. The annual dues for the MSBA are $75 for
admittees of less than five years and $125 for admittees of five years or
2. When joining the MSBA, you can play an additional fee
$10 to join the Section of Estate and Trust Law.
3. You can become a member of the Section of Estate and
Trust Law by going to the Sections
Registration Form or the
MSBA Membership Application
4. When Paying the annual dues to the MSBA, complete the
check off box to become a member of the Section of Estate and Trust Law and
add the Section's Dues of $10 to the remittance.
5. You can join any time write to the MSBA Membership Department,
520 W. Fayette Street, Baltimore, MD 21201.
6. Telephone information about membership is available
at 1-800-492-1964 or 410-685-7878, Membership Department or call Jack Burdette,
Chair Section Membership Committee
Back to Section of Estate
and Trust Law