Webinar: Advanced-level Special Immigrant Juvenile Status presentation -- Learn how to represent children in removal proceedings before both the family court and the immigration court.
Wednesday, September 24, 2014 | 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Panelist: Van Doan, Esq.
Join us for a discussion of representing minors seeking Special Immigrant Juvenile Status in family court and before USCIS and Eoir. We will share referrals to mentoring resources available upon taking one pro bono case.
On November 29, 2012, the MSBA Immigration Section voted to amend its bylaws, Article III, Section 2 and the following Amendment passed:
“There shall be a Section Council, the voting members of which shall consist of the officers and sixteen (16) voting members-at-large (which shall include one ( 1) “academic” member who shall be associated, either full or part-time as a professor, with the Immigration Law programs and/or clinics at a university, college or law school in the state of Maryland). Any past chair may seek a position as officer or Council member-at-large and may become a voting member of the Council for as long as the past chair holds a position of officer or Council member-at-large. At the conclusions of any term as officer or Council member-at-large, a past chair automatically reverts to a non-voting member of the Council.”
- Webinar Video: Special Immigrant Juvenile Status - Successful Representation of Children in Family Court and Immigration Court
Panelists: Van Doan, Esq., Naima Said, Esq.
Recorded April 8, 2014 (Available to Section Members only!)
- Webinar Video: Writs of Mandamus and APA Law” When you get nowhere with Infopass inquiries...
Presenter: Brian Green| Presentation Materials
Recorded March 19, 2014 (Available to Section Members only!)
- Webinar Video: The Most Famous Work Visa of them ALL - the H-1B Nonimmigrant Visa
Presenter: Kellie Lego, Esquire | Presentation Materials
Recorded February 6, 2014 (Available to Section Members only!)
- Webinar Video: Immigration consequences of criminal convictions: A discussion on recent Fourth Circuit and US Supreme court decisions foreign born clients
Presenter: Gaddiel Baah | Presentation Slides | Gaddiel Baah Bio
Recorded January 9, 2014 (Available to Section Members only!)
- Webinar Video: Ethics and Professional Responsibility
Presenter: Jonathan Greene
Recorded December 17, 2013 (Available to Section Members only!)
- Webinar Video: Your PERM Does Not Have To Be A Hair Raising Experience!
Presenters: Jonelle Ocloo and Cynthia Rosenberg | Presentation Slides (pdf)
Recorded December 13, 2013 (Available to Section Members only!)
- Webinar Video: Criminal and Fraud-related Grounds of Inadmissibility and Their Respective Waivers
Presenter: Adam Crandell
Recorded May 30, 2013 (Available to Section Members only!)
- Webinar Video: Update on coram nobis, crimes with immigration consequences, and relief
Presenter: Rachel Ulman | Presentation Slides (pdf)
Recorded May 16, 2013 (Available to Section Members only!)
- Webinar Video: Special Immigrant Juvenile Status
Presenter: Van T. Doan
Recorded May 2, 2013 (Available to Section Members only!)
- Webinar Video: H1B Compliance
Presenter: Brian Green,
Recorded April 30, 2013 (Available to Section Members only!)
- Webinar Video: Advanced Naturalization, Beyond the Basics
Presenter: Jonelle Ocloo
Recorded March 28, 2013 (Available to Section Members only!)
- Webinar Video: I-9 and E-Verify Compliance
Presenter: Denise Hammond
Recorded February 28, 2013 (Available to Section Members)
DHS I-9 Form
- Webinar Video: After the Love is Gone: I-751 Waivers
Recorded February 14, 2013 (Available to Section Members)
Webinar Presentation Slides
PDF, Cynthia Groomes Katz, February 14, 2013
- Webinar Video: Tips and Advice When Seeking To Apply for Adjustment of Status in Immigration Proceedings
Recorded January 24, 2013 (Available to Section Members)
Webinar Presentation Slides
PDF, Eddie Neufville, January 24, 2013
- Immigration Court Basics
January 10, 2013 (Available to Section Members)
Webinar Presentation Slides
PDF, Jonathan Greene, January 10, 2013
- Crimmigration 2011: Representing the noncitizen
defendant in the aftermath of Padilla v Kentucky
March 21, 2011 (Available to Section Members)
- Ethical Considerations for the Immigration Law Practitioner
March 9, 2011 (Available to Section Members)
2012/2013 ANNUAL REPORT:
This Section partnered with Kids In Need of Assistance (KIND) to educate family practitioners and court personnel in Anne Arundel County on representing abused and neglected children in removal proceedings. Its members volunteered twice a month at the University of Maryland Francis King Carey School of Law’s Immigration Clinic to consult with indigent noncitizens in removal proceedings, and volunteered in February with a pro bono project that consults with the underserved noncitizen population in Harford County. The Section also worked with the Baltimore Immigration Court for the first time to create a Pro Bono Panel so experienced immigration litigators can serve unrepresented, indigent clients in the Baltimore Immigration Court. It organized its first CLE conference, and will present a joint panel with the Labor & Employment Section at the MSBA Annual Meeting.
Immigration Law Email List:
- You must be a member of the Email List to send a message to the list.
- To join the list you must first be a member of the Committee
- To update your email address send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org with both your new and old email addresses.
Solo & Small Firm Reading