Nominate a Maryland Attorney for
THE 2015 DISTINGUISHED MARYLAND REAL PROPERTY PRACTITIONER
Background Information and Instructions:
- Complete Application, including requested information about you and your Nominee.
- Only current, dues-paying members of the MSBA and the Real Property Section, licensed to practice in Maryland may make nominations. A person may make more than one nomination.
- Current members of the Real Property Section Council are not eligible to be nominated.
- To be eligible for nomination, a person must:
- Be licensed to practice in Maryland
- Be a dues-paying member of the MSBA and the Real Property Section
- Practice predominately in the area of real property, planning, zoning, land use or foreclosure
- Practice predominately (i.e., have a personal or principal office location) in Maryland
- Be actively engaged in the practice of law in the 12-month period prior to the nomination deadline
- Not be a prior recipient of the award.
- The award will be presented at the Annual Meeting of the Real Property Section to be held on June 12, 2015.
- The Real Property Section Council will select the recipient.
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR COMPLETED NOMINATION FORM BY MAIL OR EMAIL BY THE CLOSE OF BUSINESS ON APRIL 13, 2015 TO:
Francie C. Spahn, Esq., LEED AP
5304 Dorsey Hall Drive
Ellicott City, MD 21042
REAL ESTATE PATHWAYS MENTOR PROGRAM:
The Real Property Section is excited to introduce the "Real Estate Pathways Program." Building off of the Section's popular mentorship efforts of years past, the Program looks to connect experienced real estate attorneys with aspiring new and future attorneys in the field. Both law students and junior attorneys are welcome to participate, while experienced attorneys are sought to serve as mentors, panelists, and more. Contact Alex Mitchel, Student Member of the Real Property Section Council, with any questions.
The Real Property Section recently started a blog known as Ground Rules. The purpose of Ground Rules is to keep members informed with timely and interesting developments in real property law, as well as information about upcoming events sponsored by the Real Property Section. Members of the Real Property Section are encouraged to submit articles and notices to Gwen Allen, the editor of Ground Rules, at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also subscribe to Ground Rules by entering your email address in the lower right-hand side of any page of the blog and clicking "Subscribe."
2014 MSBA Annual Meeting - Construction Law For The Transactional Lawyer
- Program Materials
2013 MSBA Annual Meeting - A funny thing happened on the way to the closing
2012 MSBA Annual Meeting - Will the meek inherit the earth, or merely a Life Estate?
2011 MSBA Annual Meeting - Understanding Maryland's New Power of Attorney Act
2010 MSBA Annual Meeting:
- "Bargaining With the Devil", Featuring Professor Robert Mnookin
- Hot topics in Real Property and Environmental Law
*Create a Free Gore Borthers account to view videos
2013/2014 ANNUAL REPORT:
This Section organized an educational bus trip, "Come Hear It Through the Grape Vine", exploring legal challenges faced by winery and cidery owners in Maryland; held its annual Advanced Real Property Institute; and revived its Mentor/Mentee program pairing law students interested in real estate law with Section members. It also organized an on-site legal education event at a popular mixed-use development, and worked with the Young Lawyers Section to host brown-bag educational lunches, beginning with "Fundamentals of Closing" in February. The Section partnered with the Construction Law Section for a joint networking happy hour in February, as well as with the Family and Juvenile Law Section for an April educational program. It will present its Distinguished Practitioner of the Year Award at the MSBA Annual Meeting.