In accordance with the Taxation Section bylaws, and on behalf of the Taxation Section Nominations Committee, we are very happy to report the following nominations for Section Council for 2013/2014 (terms beginning July 1, 2013):
- Chair: Paul G. Marcotte, Jr., Paley Rothman (Bethesda, MD)
- Chair-Elect: Jennifer A. Pratt, Venable LLP (Baltimore, MD)
- Secretary/Treasurer: Robb A. Longman, Fried and Rosefelt, LLC (Rockville, MD)
For Section Council terms ending June 30, 2016 (3 year terms):
- Glen E. Frost, Frost & Associates (Annapolis, MD)
- Jeremy T. Garner, Bowie & Jensen LLC (Towson, MD)
- Nancy M. Gilmore, Office of Chief Counsel, IRS (Baltimore, MD)
- Gerald W. Kelly, Jr., Kelly Dorsey PC (Columbia, MD)
- Jim Liang, Rosenberg | Martin | Greenberg, LLP (Baltimore, MD)
- Mark Schweighofer, Stein, Sperling, Bennett, DeJong, Driscoll PC (Rockville, MD)
- Beverly L. Winstead, Law Office of Beverly Winstead (Lanham, MD)
A vote will be held at the Tax Section's annual meeting, scheduled for Thursday, June 13, 2013 (7:30 a.m.) in Ocean City, MD.
Other nominations for Tax Council officers and members-at-large may be made by not fewer than 15 Tax Section members by written nominations submitted to the Secretary not later than 10 days prior to the annual meeting. If you wish to propose alternative nominees, please submit the nominations to Jennifer Pratt (Secretary/Treasurer) no later than Monday June 3, 2013. Additional eligible nominations will be published on the Taxation Section list serve prior to the annual meeting.
Printable version of this information (PDF).