The Maryland State Bar Association, Inc. (the "MSBA") is a non profit, professional voluntary member organization. It does not have governmental or regulatory authority or jurisdiction over its members, which include lawyers from many states. The directory presented on these web pages (the "Directory") is composed only of members of the MSBA, and does not represent a listing of licensed lawyers. The information presented in the directory is not verified by the MSBA. The Directory is not a referral service, and the MSBA does not recommend any specific lawyer or MSBA member.
The Directory is provided solely as a service to MSBA members and the public to locate MSBA members who have not opted out of the Directory. Because some members of the MSBA have elected to OPT OUT of inclusion in the database, the fact a particular person is NOT listed in the directory does not mean that they are:
- not a lawyer; or
- not a member of the MSBA.
Your use and access to the Directory is subject to the following conditions. If you do not agree to abide by these conditions of use You may not use the directory and must immediately close access to the Directory database. By using, accessing or viewing the Directory, you agree as follows:
- Except for the Browser's ordinary caching function, and except for your own personal, internal use to locate or contact an MSBA member, the user of this website and database ("You") may not download, republish, resell, transfer, duplicate, create derivative works from (e.g. create compendiums of statistical information or lists of lawyers) or otherwise make any use of the information provided in the directory.
- You may not, under any circumstance, use any of the information in the Directory for the purpose of sending unsolicited commercial electronic mail (email), regular U.S. postal mail (or other common carrier), or to make telephone calls, to any person listed in the Directory for purposes of soliciting from them:
- the purchase of any product or service;
- the contribution to any political, social, humanitarian, philanthropic or religious organization; or
- for any illegal purpose, for example and without limitation, to harass such person.
- You MAY NOT by using the Directory, engage in any activity that infringes or misappropriates the intellectual property rights of the MSBA or of others, including but not limited to taking any action or omitting to take any action in connection with use of the Directory that would infringe the copyright, trademark, service mark, or patent of any person, or misappropriate any trade secrets of any person.
- You MAY NOT use information contained in the Directory to engage in activity that violates the privacy, publicity or other personal rights of others.
- You MAY NOT attempt to hack into the database, or introduce onto the MSBA web servers or into the Directory, any virus, worm, Trojan horse or other harmful software code or script.
- You understand and agree to the following disclaimer of warranties by MSBA:
- THE DIRECTORY IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND MSBA MAKES NO EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN. MSBA EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, ACCURACY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY AGAINST INFRINGEMENT, AND ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES ARISING UNDER SUBTITLE 4 OF TITLE 22 OF THE MARYLAND ANNOTATED CODE COMMERCIAL LAW ARTICLE. UNLESS THE WARRANTY IS EXPRESSLY STATED IN WRITING HEREIN, THERE IS NO WARRANTY THAT ANY INFORMATION, COMPUTER PROGRAM, EFFORTS, OR ANY SOFTWARE WILL FULFILL ANY OF YOUR PARTICULAR PURPOSES OR NEEDS. MSBA EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR THE ACCURACY AND QUALITY OF INFORMATION PROVIDED THROUGH THE DIRECTORY AND FOR THE ACCURACY OF ANY RESULTS OF ANY SUCH INFORMATION.
- To the full extent permitted by applicable law you hereby agree that MSBA shall have NO liability to you for any damages of any kind, whether compensatory, consequential, incidental, special, punitive or otherwise on account of the Directory or your use of the Directory, and you fully waive, release and covenant not to sue the msba on any claim arising out of or related in any way to the directory.
- No employee or Member of MSBA is authorized to warranty or guarantee any benefit to be derived from the Directory, and You hereby acknowledge that You have not relied on nor will You rely on any warranties or guarantees of benefit from use of the Directory.