By Caroline Artley, LCSW-C
1. Make a list of the things that remain unchanged in your life. These are the things so strong and reliable that they are unaffected by the changes around you.
- The smell of coffee
- The feel of a cool breeze
- Your dog’s excitement as you get out of bed
- The sunrise/sunset
- The birds nesting in a nearby tree
2. At the start and end of each day, read the statement below and insert the items from your list. “I’m like a ship anchored in the sea. The waves pass below me and all around me. Though they lift me, though they rock me, I do not move from my position because I have an anchor. My anchor is strong, reliable, and trustworthy. My anchor is: __________.” What constants/anchors can you add? You may also be interested in this short message written with MSBA members in mind, about staying in charge of your personal journey through the pandemic.