Join an organization that impacts youth in your community and across the State. Maryland Youth & The Law (MYLaw) is looking for dedicated people from all over the State.
MYLaw is now accepting letters of interest for open positions on our Board of Directors and various committees. Join to play a vital role in enhancing youth development through leadership, life skills, legal understanding, and college/career preparedness.
MYLaw offers unique programs like the Maryland Statewide High School Mock Trial Competition, Teen Court, the Law Links Internship Program, and the Baltimore City Council Page Program. By participating on the board or committees, you will contribute to strategic direction, fundraising efforts, and fiduciary oversight.
MYLaw is seeking candidates committed to its mission, with an understanding of the organization’s programs and needs.
- Board members will advocate for MYLaw, secure financial resources, and attend four virtual board meetings annually. Limited travel may be necessary for meetings and events. All Board members are expected to participate on committees as well.
- MYLaw also has vacancies on its Mock Trial, Law Links, and Fundraising Committees.
- The Mock Trial Committee is responsible for preparing the Mock Trial problem that is tried by over 130 high schools, and 2,000 high school students, every year
- The Law Links Committee is responsible for recruiting law firms, government entities, and nonprofits to host a high school intern each summer.
- The Fundraising Committee is responsible for securing financial resources necessary to advance MYLaw’s mission and programs.
Please submit a letter of interest outlining your background, experience, and commitment to our mission. Letters should be addressed to Shelley Brown, Executive Director, Maryland Youth & The Law, 190 W. Ostend Street, Suite 200, Baltimore, MD 21230, or electronically (preferred) to email@example.com.
If you would like more information or have questions before submitting a letter of interest, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or feel free to reach out to any of our Board members
Help shape the future of youth by joining MYLaw’s Board of Directors and/or committees.