The MSBA Litigation Section and Young Lawyers’ Section present “District Court Practice Tips from the Bench” on Friday, November 15, 2019 from 2:00pm – 6:30pm at the Sheraton Town Center Hotel in Columbia, Maryland. The program will feature a distinguished panel of district court judges and practitioners that will provide practical advice for attorneys on civil practice in the District Court. Topics to be covered include:
- Motions Practice
- Discovery and Subpoenas
- Direct and Cross Examination of Witnesses
- Handling exhibits from identification to admission, including compliance with §§ 10-104 and 10-105 of the Courts Article governing the admissibility of health care records and bills for goods and services
- Opening Statements and Closing Arguments
Panelists will include:
- Hon. Mark F. Scurti, District Court for Baltimore City
- Hon. Stacy A. Mayer, District Court for Baltimore County
- Hon. Nathan Braverman (ret.), District Court for Baltimore City
- Robert Fiore, Esq.
- Christine Britton, Esq.
The Program will take place from 2:00pm – 5:00pm, and a networking reception will follow from 5:00pm – 6:30pm.
Pricing for this event is as follows:
YLS & Litigation Section Members: $25
MSBA Members (non-section members): $40
Non-MSBA Members: $50
Click here to register today!