The MSBA Elder Law and Disability Rights Section is excited to offer an all new virtual presentation of the Medicaid Planning Series on April 12th, 13th and 14th, 2023 from 9 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.! Register for one or all of the days in the Series, depending on which topics you need! Save $80 when you purchase all days to get the benefit of learning all the latest updates in the field.
Join top notch faculty for a three part series covering the critical elements of Medicaid planning, including:
Medicaid 101: Eligibility and the Application – Day 1: (Wednesday, April 12, 2023)
- Medicaid Eligibility101 – Technical, Financial, and Medical
- The Online Medicaid Application – process and pointers
- Pre-Need and Post- Application Planning: Protecting Real Estate
- Pre-Need Planning: Medicaid Asset Protection Trusts – Drafting and Implementing
Medicaid Planning – Day 2: (Thursday, April 13, 2023)
- Gift and Partial Return
- Impact of MR 159: Rebuttal of gift penalty, Reimbursement and Caregiver Agreements
- Medicaid Planning and the Married Couple Review of Spousal Rules and SPIA Planning
- Planning with Promissory Notes
Other Considerations for Planning – Day 3: (Friday, April 14, 2023 )
- Other Planning Strategies Discussion – Are They controversial??
- Dealing with noncompliant Annuity
- Protecting against Medicaid Estate Recovery
- Waiver Program
- Reunion of Faculty and Q&A
For more information and to register click HERE.
12.0 hours of credit will be offered for the surrounding MCLE states. If you miss the livestream, it will be available on the MSBA CLE catalog.