Through your membership, the MSBA supports the next generation of leaders with MYLAW’s programs focused on leadership, civic awareness of the legal system, and promoting responsible citizenship.
MYLAW is helping a national mock trial program (called Empire) come to Baltimore this fall, with high school students traveling from 17 states, and we hope that you will be a part of it.
On behalf of 300 remarkable high school students (including some of our own Marylanders), you are invited to serve as a judge or juror at Empire Baltimore: The Camden Yards Classic on September 23-25 at the Hilton Baltimore Inner Harbor. To make your experience as enjoyable as possible, we are providing volunteers with free parking and a free meal before their trial. What’s more, we are offering a free pair of baseball tickets to the Sunday, 9/25 Orioles v. Astros game at Camden Yards to the first 50 attorneys or judges that sign-up to volunteer (note: non-lawyers are not eligible to receive tickets).
Please visit this website to register for a trial or keep reading to learn more.
- There are four (4) preliminary trials and a Championship Round;
- Volunteers may judge a single trial or multiple trials;
- All trials are held in conference rooms at the Hilton Baltimore;
- You have the option of volunteering for any one of the following trials:
- Friday, 9/23 – Round 1: Report at 5:00 PM ET
- Saturday, 9/24 – Round 2: Report at 9:30 AM ET; Round 3: Report at 2:45 PM ET
- Sunday, 9/25 – Round 4: Report at 8:00 AM ET
- Each trial starts with a pre-trial oral argument (involving the Confrontation Clause) and each side calls 3 witnesses to the stand
- Volunteers must show proof of vaccination or a negative COVID test taken within 48 hours of competition
- You can sign-up to volunteer here