The MSBA continues to bring you the latest updates from the courts. The Judiciary just issued five new administrative orders that outline a return to Phase V (full court operations) by April 26, 2021.
- Phase II continues through March 14, 2021.
- Proceed directly to Phase IV from March 15, 2021 to April 25, 2021.
- Phase V from April 26, 2021 onwards.
Below are links to the Orders and further information on each order.
- Phase II continues through March 14, 202.
- Phase IV begins March 15, 2021. Courts are open to the public and resume non-jury trials and contested hearings in criminal, civil, family, and juvenile matters, with continued restrictions to limit the concentration of individuals and allow social distancing.
- Phase V begins April 26, 2021. Courts resume full operations, with continued restrictions to limit the concentration of individuals and allow social distancing.
- Continues to require, regardless of vaccination status, that masks be worn at all times. Social distancing of six feet or more shall be maintained in courthouses and judicial facilities.
- Grand juries, having previously been suspended due to Covid-19, may continue at discretion or administrative judge or designee, and new grand juries may be empaneled as necessary.
- Criminal and civil jury trials to begin April 26, 2021.
- Provides updated information related to deadlines for tolling statutory and rules deadlines in criminal jury trials.
Eighth Revised Administrative Order on the Emergency Tolling or Suspension of Statues of Limitations and Statutory and Rules Deadlines Related to the Initiation of Matters and Certain Statutory and Rules Deadlines in Pending Matters
- Provides updated information related to deadlines for statutory and rules deadlines for Maryland state and appellate court matters.
- Addresses filing requirements for residential evictions, other ejectments, and residential foreclosures.
- Addresses tolling and suspension deadlines for warrants of restitutions filed from February 16, 2021.