With notable speakers, including former U.S. Attorney, Rod Rosenstein, and CNN Chief Legal Analyst, Jeffrey Toobin, and relevant and exciting programming for a wide variety of practice areas and attorneys in varying different sectors of the profession and stages of their career, the 2019 Legal Summit & Annual Meeting drew 1100+ participants. Post event survey results indicated that 28% of the attendees had never attended or had not attended an Annual Meeting within the past 5 years, a significant increase over the 7% in 2018. In addition, 85% of the attendees rated the 2019 Legal Summit & Annual Meeting as Excellent or Good.
We intend to capitalize on the momentum and buzz surrounding a successful 2019 Legal Summit & Annual Meeting to make 2020 our best to date. Our survey data provided us insight on how we can improve to meet that goal. First, the survey indicated that 60 minute or 90 minute classes were preferred over the traditional 2-hour time frame. In addition, the survey indicated that members want to see more programs and know more details about the available programs at least 3-6 months prior to the event, or between January and March.
In response to this data, we are updating the conference schedule to provide 60-minute and 90-minute programs. In doing so, we have the potential to accommodate over 80+ different programs v. the 56 provided in 2019.
In addition, in order to provide potential attendees with more information on the available programs further in advance, we have outlined the following timeline for program submissions:
- Deadline Extended: November 22, 2019: Initial proposal submissions due.
- Mid-December, 2019: Notification re: acceptance/rejection of submitted proposals.
- January 31, 2020: Final revisions to program titles, description, and speakers/panelists information due.
- March 6, 2020: Program outline due (identifies topics/subtopics, anticipated written materials or powerpoints, and A/V needs)
- April 30, 2020: Written Materials due (Written Materials and/or PowerPoints are required for all programs)
If you are a Section, interested in submitting a proposal please visit: https://www.msba.org/2020-summit-section-program-proposals
If you are an individual, interested in submitting a proposal please visit: https://www.msba.org/2020-summit-general-program-proposals