Passport membership is your all-access pass to all that MSBA has to offer.
Make the most of your membership with free CLE, connections, events, and more for one low price.
ALL the benefits of the Standard Membership PLUS...
- Totally Free CLE: Unlimited access to MSBA’s CLE Catalog, which includes over 40 live (in-person or livestream) and 150+ OnDemand accredited programs.* This alone is worth thousands of dollars.
- Free Admission to Major Events: Complimentary admission to the MSBA’s premier event, the Legal Summit & Annual Meeting, featuring keynote speakers such as Rod Rosenstein, Madeleine Albright, Jeffrey Toobin, Nina Totenberg, 80+ programs over 8 Learning tracks, and networking events designed to connect you with leaders in the profession.
- Free Entry Into Specialized Communities: Free membership in your choice of one of MSBA’s 30 legal communities centered around substantive areas of the law.
- Enhanced Network Development: Free admission to dozens of in-person and virtual networking events around the state, including speakers, coffee talks, happy hours, and more.
- Free Specialized Events: Complimentary admission to the Solo & Small Firm Summit, an annual event featuring 15 substantive programs to help you Start, Run or Grow your solo or small firm.
And more… The MSBA Passport is your ticket to all the MSBA has to offer, all the content, free learning, connections, giving back, events and more for roughly $58 a month. Get the Passport today for $695.
*Some exclusions apply. See terms & conditions.
Benefits of Standard MSBA Membership
- Advocacy: Add your voice to the tens of thousands fighting for the legal profession in Annapolis, in the Judiciary, and nationally.
- Connection: Numerous member-only opportunities to virtual and in-person interactions with tens of thousands of attorneys and leaders in the legal profession.
- Expertise: Access to exclusive forums and discussion groups centered around practice areas. The MSBA has 30 Sections covering nearly every segment of the legal profession where attorneys pose questions, share best practices, tips, etc.
- Unlimited Free Legal Research: MSBA members have access to Fastcase 7, the award-winning legal research tool, with free training tools, that rivals more expensive competing products. This alone saves you $2K each year.
- Specialized Content: Stay up-to-date with member-only content on msba.org, via numerous digital and print publications, including the award-winning Maryland Bar Journal.
- Continuing Learning (and free CLE worth more than your dues): Access 200+ on demand and in person CLE available at a lower cost than other providers. AND...MSBA membership provides you with no-cost CLE valued significantly higher than the cost of membership. Renew online and receive access to a CLE valued up to $225.
- Amazing Events: The MSBA prides itself on hosting hundreds of meetings, events and virtual forums each year. Our Legal Summit, brand new Leading Edge Legal Tech Summit and so many more are priced aggressively for members to ensure the value of belonging is always realized by members.
- Supporting Public Interests: Your membership allows thousands of high schoolers to participate in mock trials and other rewarding programs through MyLaw, helps hundreds of underserved citizens of Maryland receive Pro Bono legal services through PBRC, and seeks to lead on issues of Access via Maryland Access to Justice Commission, a member of the MSBA family.
- Community: You’re not in a job, you’re in a profession. Your MSBA membership allows you to support the profession with free, confidential mental health and addiction counseling services through MSBA’s Lawyer Assistance Program. You may never know which of your colleagues have benefitted from these services, but your membership made it possible. Plus, the services are available to you should you ever need it.
- Tools & Member Exclusives: Access to MSBA’s networking app, TREBLE, digital Legal Learning Library (coming soon), insurance products, and much more….
- All this for a dues rate lower than 48 other state Bars in the US @ only $175/year for Standard Membership.