Block Chain Ledger Technology
What is Blockchain Technology? Far more than Bitcoin!
How does Blockchain Technology provide solutions in various business and commercial settings; how is it regulated? What are the challenges? Delaware’s legislative initiate. How does Bitcoin really work? How does this technology affect lawyers in everyday commerce? What if someone wants to pay your fee in Bitcoin? Can you collateralize electronic currency?
John Mark Zeberkiewicz, Esq. – Richards, Layton & Finger
Kevin Tu – Associate Professor, University of Maryland Francis King Carey School of Law
Deadlock in LLC’s
The presentation includes an in-depth discussion and thorough written materials on measures to prevent deadlock. It also covers litigation or ADR options to resolve deadlock. Presentation will include sample provisions.
Steven Leitess, Esq. – Silverman Thompson Slutkin White
Louis T.M. Conti, Esq. – Holland & Knight
Lisa Jacobs, Esq. – DLA Piper
Privacy & Data Security – Before the Incident
Resolving privacy and security issues in transactional practice; assessing real versus unlikely risks; understanding key regulatory drivers for certain industries (banking, healthcare); overview of the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the E.U. Privacy Regulation (ePR) and their significant impact on cross-border data transfers; using insurance to protect your client
a. How your Client’s Web Site may be in Trouble; Web Site obligations and Privacy- regulation by Government Agencies
b. Personal Data/ E.U. Regulations
c. Advising Clients and your Law Firm
d. Privacy matters involving asset transfers
e. Allocating Risks fairly in contracts and avoiding strict liability
f. Assessing what is the proper insurance policy and scope of coverage
Mike Oliver, Esq. – Oliver & Grimsley, LLC
Razvan Miutescu, Esq. – Whiteford Taylor Preston
Don Grauel – Goldsborough Insurance Services
Franchise Law – Franchise Issues for Business Lawyers: How Business Lawyers Avoid or Remedy the Accidental Franchise
• How joint venture, management, distribution, licensing and other types of agreements fall into the franchise trap (including specific examples).
• Key differences in the definition of a franchise under federal law and Maryland and Virginia state law. The overview of national franchise regulation.
• The potential risks to accidental franchisors and available franchisee remedies when a business arrangement is deemed to be a regulated business format franchise.
• Steps business lawyers can take to avoid an accidental franchise.
• Practice tips business lawyers should follow to address an accidental franchise situation.
Andrew Caffey, Esq. – Caffey Law Firm
Diana Vilmenay, Esq. – Gray Plant Mooty