This series includes in-depth analysis of a wide array of issues that will arise in the practice of any elder law attorney. The following programs offer 19.5 hours of MCLE credit, including ethics. The cost to members is $199 for the series (the cost of which would be $605 if the programs were purchased separately), and $299 for non-members. Pricing will appear when you add to cart.
Adult Guardianships in Maryland – the New and Improved Process!
– Overview of Guardianship Law in Maryland
– Understanding Disabilities and Diminished Capacity
– Alternatives to Guardianship – Advance Directives, Powers of Attorney, Health Surrogates, Special Needs Trusts
– The Role of the Court-Appointed Attorney/ Representing the “Alleged Disabled Person”
– Ethics & A View from the Bench
– Representing Family Members: Adult Children with Aging Parents, Siblings, Parents of Adult Children with Disabilities
– Abuse, Neglect and Exploitation
Special Needs Trusts for the Elderly & Disabled
– Social Security benefits/planning for Children and Developmentally Disabled Adults
– Estate Planning for Disabled People
– Community First Choice
– Panel Discussion of Special Needs Trusts
– Developmental Disabilities Administration (DDA) benefits
Medicaid Nuts and Bolts
– Medicaid Basics
– Quick Fire: Transmittal MR-159
– Special Needs Trusts
– Medicaid Eligibility and Policy Panel: Q&A
– Quick Fire: Hagedorn, the Michigan SC Decision Approving Trusts for the benefit (FBO) the Spouse that Avoids the Spousal Impoverishment Limits
– Medical Assistance (MA) and Veterans Affairs (VA) Planning Trusts
– Quick Fire: Top Tips for Filing Successful Medical Assistance LTC Application
– Review of the New Elective Share Law’s Impact on Medicaid and Estate Planning for Seniors
– The Single Premium Immediate Annuity and the Married Couple
– Quick Fire: Planning Actions to Take After Medicaid Eligibility
Hot Topics in Elder Law
– An overview of State Legislation with Morris Klein, Esq.
– Elder abuse legislation and work of the Task Force with Michael Davis, Esq.
– Ethical Issues for Elder Law Practitioners with Deputy Bar Counsel Jessica Boltz
– Medicare Issues with David Lipschutz, Esq.
– Federal Medicaid Issues with Erica Asbell, Esq.
– HCBS Medicaid Waiver Issues with Elena Sallitto, Esq.
– MDH – State Medicaid Issues with Pamela M. Brown