The impact of COVID-19 on our profession and our court systems has been swift and far-reaching. The MSBA has worked quickly to provide our leadership and members with available information and resources from the Judiciary, local courts, and other organizations responding to the crisis, through a variety of channels. These include our dedicated COVID-19 page, a court closures page on our website, social media, email announcements, and original webinars. The MSBA has also conducted ongoing advocacy efforts to Maryland leaders including the Maryland Judiciary and the Governor’s Office, and through our partnership with the Maryland Chamber of Commerce.
Although we cannot hold in-person meetings, we would like to keep the community spirit going. We are hosting virtual “Coffee Talks” with the section and MSBA staff to continue to network and engage with other members and plan to kick-off the sessions this week. During these uncertain times and social isolation it is important we stick together as a community. Show us your mug (both coffee and your face!) as we connect via Zoom. We invite you to join us at our Zoom meeting on Thursday, June 9, from 8:30 – 9:45 am. To participate in the coffee talk, please click Here at the scheduled time to join the Zoom meeting.
If you aren’t a coffee or tea drinker, bring your cup of whatever and come enjoy a virtual social engagement.
If you need help logging on please email Angela Munro at email@example.com.
I. MSBA’s response to COVID-19 and Upcoming Events
1. Advocacy Efforts, COVID Resources
2. Webinars, CLEs, and Virtual Learning
4. Wellness Resources, MSBA’s LAP
5. Upcoming events including Legal Excellence Week
6. Access to Justice
II. Section Chair
1. Frame COVID-19 emergency around this practice sector/section
2. Discuss challenges and successes related to practice sector since the emergency began
3. Opportunities for collective action from the Section related to COVID-19
III. Questions/comments – open up to the group
1. Remote office – tips, troubleshooting, resources
2. Financial/business concerns
3. Court re-openings and remote hearings – Members can share their court experiences. Discuss interactions with Court personnel, describe any remote proceedings, and offer questions and suggestions for reopening strategies
4. MSBA Programming – what topics you would like to see from MSBA or MSBA partners post Covid
5. General Questions for MSBA
IV. Treble Introduction and Virtual Networking Session