- Service Levels and Agreements (SLAs)
- Compliance with Laws: Who Should Be Responsible for What?
- Vendors’ Use of the Customer’s Data: What’s Appropriate, and When?
- Force Majeure Clauses: Are they appropriate when the contract contains SLAs?
- Limitation of Liability for Data Breaches: What’s Appropriate, Especially Post-General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)?
- Termination and Termination Assistance
- Use Rights: Does “irrevocable” really mean irrevocable?
- Online Terms: Enforceability and Customer Self-Protection
- Diageo v. SAP: The importance of drafting usage rights
- Indemnification: What is “Market” in Four Key Areas?
- Limitation of Liability for Data Breaches: What’s Appropriate, Especially Post-Post-General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)?
- Audit Rights
Benjamin Beiter, Corporate Counsel, VMware, Inc
Ward Classen, Senior Counsel, Discovery Education, Inc.
Michele Cohen, Partner Miles & Stockbridge
Ali Emadi, Corporate Counsel, VMware, Inc.
Tobey Marzouk, Partner, Marzouk & Parry, PLLC
Bill McComas, Partner, Bowie & Jensen
Ryan M. Sweigard, Venable LLP