9:25 – 9:30 Welcome, Frank Johnson, Section Chair; Bob Drummer, Program Chair and Emcee
- Frank M. Johnson, Deputy City Attorney, Office of the City Attorney, Gaithersburg
- Robert Drummer, Legislative Counsel, Montgomery County Council
9:30 – 10:30 The Supreme Court – The coming term, cases of interest, what to expect.
- Lisa Soronen, Executive Director, State and Local Legal Center
- Amanda Kellar, Deputy General Counsel, International Municipal Lawyers Association, Inc.
11:00 – 12:00 Virtual Arguments – today and into the future.
- Hon. Brynja M. Booth, Judge, Maryland Court of Appeals
- N. Lynn Board, Esq., City Attorney, Gaithersburg
- Brenda Gruss, Assistant Attorney General
1:30 – 2:30 The Public Lawyer – A higher calling under the Rules of Professional Conduct.
- Hon. Robert N. McDonald, Judge, Maryland Court of Appeals
- Patrick B. Hughes, Chief Counsel, Opinions and Advice, Office of Attorney General
- Charles W. Thompson, Jr., Executive Director, International Municipal Lawyers Assoc. Inc.
3:00 – 4:30 Policing in America – From reform to defunding.
- Hon. Ron Lewis, City Attorney, Houston, TX
- Hon. Pete Holmes, City Attorney, Seattle, WA
- Hon. James E. Johnson, Corporation Counsel, NYC, NY
- Hon. Esteban A. Aguilar, Jr., City Attorney, Albuquerque, NM
5:00 – 6:00 Networking Reception
*Speakers are subject to change based on availability.
$0 Section Members (price will be reflected in your cart)
$15 Non-Section Members
$20 Non-MSBA Members
This is informational only and no CLE credit will be offered for the surrounding MCLE states.
If you have problems registering for this event, please contact Angela Munro at email@example.com