Calling Maryland lawyers: Are you interested in writing for the Maryland Bar Journal in 2023-2024? The Maryland Bar Journal is the MSBA’s flagship member publication, published three times a year. Upcoming issues will explore timely analysis and insight on these themes:
- Creativity in the Law (Fall 2023)
- Access to Justice (Spring 2024)
- Torts (Summer 2024)
We are actively recruiting articles for this Bar Year’s issues from attorneys working in all practice areas and in various sectors of the legal profession. If you are interested in submitting an article, please take a moment to submit your proposed topic through our content submission portal. Priority is given to submissions from members of the Maryland State Bar Association – MSBA, but all submissions will be considered.
MSBA staff will contact you if your topic has been selected with additional details; however, please plan on your article meeting the following specifications:
- 500 – 2,500 words
- Citations should be contained in footnotes (footnotes may be converted to endnotes during the editing process to accommodate layout in the final publication)
- A 2-3 sentence bio of the author may be included, as well as a professional headshot.
The deadlines for 2023/2024 Bar Journal articles are:
- Creativity and the Law: September 12, 2023
- Access to Justice: January 12, 2024
- Torts: May 13, 2024