Join the MSBA Learning and Publications Department for a all new presentation of Software Licensing and Cloud Computing Boot Camp: Successful Contracting in an Ever-Changing Environment, on February 20, 2020 at the Universities at Shady Grove in Rockville, MD!
This program will explore the issues that arise in negotiating software licenses and cloud computing agreements. Experienced in-house and outside counsel representing both vendors and customers will discuss “what is market” for limitations of liability, data breach, representations and warranties and other significant issues. The panelists will identify issues and then provide practical solutions that will help parties to reach agreement. Among the issues to be discussed are:
• Online Terms: Enforceability and Customer Self-Protection Limitation of Liability for Data Breaches
• What’s Appropriate, Especially Post-GDPR and CCPA?
• Compliance with Laws: Who Should Be Responsible for What?
• Vendors’ Use of the Customer’s Data: What’s Appropriate, and When.Indemnification: What is the Market in Four Key Areas?
• Force Majeure Clauses: Are they appropriate when the contract contains SLAs?
• Does “irrevocable” really mean irrevocable?
• Indemnification for IP infringement: Are there any limits?
• Diageo v. SAP: The importance of drafting usage rights
If you can’t attend the live program in Rockville, it will be simulcast/webcast concurrently for viewing around the state and will be available online on-demand one week after the program. 2.5 hours credits will be offered to the surrounding MCLE states.
Register today by clicking here.