- Take a couple of deep slow breaths in through your nose and out through your mouth or in through your nose and out through your nose. Whichever way is more calming.
- Allow your breathing to come back to normal and bring your attention to what is going on around you. Allow your thoughts to come and go. Don’t try to stop them, just allow them to be.
- Bring your attention to your breathing without changing it. Allow any thoughts to come and go. Any feelings or sensations allow them to just be. You don’t have to engage them.
- Bring your attention to any area in your body that is holding onto tension and breathe into that area. As you exhale imagine that the tension turns to sand.
- Bring your attention to your body and breathe into your entire body.
- Bring your attention back to the room. Take your time and open your eyes when you are ready.
The Lawyer Assistance Program(LAP) has Assisted Thousands of Maryland Lawyers
For Confidential Assistance Call 888.388.5459
LAP provides free, confidential assistance to all Maryland lawyers, judges, law school students, and support staff by offering assessment, referral, short-term counseling, and continued support to ensure long term success. If you are concerned about another lawyer you can make an anonymous referral to LAP. We offer financial assistance for Mental Health and Addiction Treatment.
Please also feel free to reach out to our LAP Committee Members and Volunteers https://www.msba.org/health-and-wellness/