MSBA Website Terms, Conditions, And Disclaimers
PLEASE READ THIS AGREEMENT CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THE WEB SITE. BY ACCESSING THE WEB SITE, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS BELOW. IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, YOU SHOULD NOT ACCESS OR USE THE WEB SITE.
The Maryland State Bar Association presents the information on this web site as a service to our members and other Internet users. While the information on this site is about legal issues, it is not legal advice. Moreover, due to the rapidly changing nature of the law and our reliance on information provided by outside sources, we make no warranty or guarantee concerning the accuracy or reliability of the content at this site or other sites to which we link. Any unauthorized downloading and distribution of any copyrighted material from this site or sites to which we link, without the copyright owner’s permission, is strictly prohibited.
NO SERVICE WARRANTIES
THIS WEB SITE AND THE INFORMATION, SOFTWARE AND OTHER MATERIAL AVAILABLE ON OR ACCESSIBLE FROM THIS WEB SITE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NONINFRINGEMENT OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THE MARYLAND STATE BAR ASSOCIATION DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE WEB SITE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE OR THAT ANY INFORMATION, SOFTWARE OR OTHER MATERIAL AVAILABLE ON OR ACCESSIBLE THROUGH THE WEB SITE IS FREE OF VIRUSES, WORMS, TROJAN HORSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL THE MARYLAND STATE BAR ASSOCIATION BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES THAT RESULT IN ANY WAY FROM YOUR USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE WEB SITE OR YOUR RELIANCE ON OR USE OF INFORMATION, SERVICES OR MERCHANDISE PROVIDED ON OR THROUGH THE WEB SITE, OR THAT RESULT FROM MISTAKES, OMISSIONS, INTERRUPTIONS, DELETION OF FILES, ERRORS, DEFECTS, DELAYS IN OPERATION, OR TRANSMISSION, OR ANY FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE.
YOU AGREE TO DEFEND, INDEMNIFY AND HOLD THE MARYLAND STATE BAR ASSOCIATION HARMLESS FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITIES, COSTS AND EXPENSES, INCLUDING REASONABLE ATTORNEYS FEES, RELATED TO ANY VIOLATION OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS BY YOU.
Maryland State Bar Association Discussion Group Terms & Conditions
THE MARYLAND STATE BAR ASSOCIATION DOES NOT CONDUCT ANY PRE-POSTING REVIEW OF THE MESSAGES WHICH ARE POSTED BY MEMBERS OF THE DISCUSSION GROUP CONFERENCES, NOR DOES IT REGULARLY REVIEW THE CONTENTS OF THE WEBSITE POSTING
Participation in the Discussion Group Conferences is offered to you conditioned on your acceptance of the terms, conditions and notices contained below. Your membership in a Discussion Group Conference constitutes your agreement to all such terms, conditions and notices.
1. By becoming a member of a Discussion Group Conference, you are agreeing that all information posted or accessed will be used only for informational, educational and professional purposes. There may be no commercial or other unauthorized use of the Conference member lists.
2. The opinions expressed by Discussion Group Conference members do not reflect the opinions or policy positions of the Maryland State Bar Association.
3. All messages, information, software, features, services and other materials which are posted or accessed in the Conference are offered “as is” without any endorsements, guarantees or warranties by the Maryland State Bar Association.
4. You must not post or transmit any unlawful, threatening, abusive, libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, profane, or otherwise objectionable information of any kind, including without limitation any transmissions constituting or encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any local, state, national or international law, including without limitation the U.S. export control laws and regulations.
5. You must not post or transmit any information or software which contains a virus, cancelbot, trojan horse, worm or other harmful component.
6. Discussion Group Conferences cannot be used to exchange information, services, materials, or software in return for payment of any sort (trade of like items, special discounts, cash, etc.).
7. You must not distribute, post, publish or otherwise communicate any content which encourages or solicits others to engage in anti-competitive activities. Anti-trust law forbids agreements or understandings among competitors which restrain trade and competition. For example, discussion of the pricing of services or products or the geographic and customer markets in which businesses will compete should be avoided.
You should not post or respond to messages concerning:
7. You should not post any material which violates the copyright, trademark, trade secret, privacy or publicity rights of any third party.
8. By posting material to the Discussion Group Conferences, you grant the Maryland State Bar Association a non-exclusive license to copy, distribute and adapt the posted material. Your redistribution, electronically or otherwise, of the material posted by other members is not permitted without the express written permission of that member.
9. The Maryland State Bar Association reserves the right to edit or delete any posted message it considers inappropriate, or to deny access to the Discussion Group Conferences to anyone who violates these terms and conditions.
10. You agree to defend, indemnify and hold the Maryland State Bar Association harmless from and against any damages arising out of or resulting from your on-line conduct in the Discussion Group Conferences.
The Maryland State Bar Association presents the information on this web site as a service to our members and other Internet users. While the information on this site is about legal issues, it is not legal advice. Moreover, due to the rapidly changing nature of the law and our reliance on information provided by outside sources, we make no warranty or guarantee concerning the accuracy or reliability of the content at this site or at other sites to which we link.